As we sat down to dinner tonight, she said, "ooooh, mommy, what are these cute little things?"

Yep, pigs in a blanket. I have not fixed these in forever, and they just sounded so good with a bowl of tomato basil soup given the cold weather we've had lately. Last time I ate one was at my wedding where, according to some, they were the hit of the party. That is hard to believe, but 10 years later, some of my friends still talk about them.
Anyway, at the dinner table, here was the conversation:
Olivia: Daddy, why didn't you make the dinner so mommy could pick me up?
Sean: Because mommy had to do it.
Olivia: Weeeelllll...all you gotta do is just put 'em in and wrap 'em up.
Rats, the secret to my gourmet dinner has been revealed...and Sean was totally called out on the mat.
Funny, Lewis just HAD to make sure that we had pigs in a blanket at our wedding...so I told the woman to make them a little fancier to disguise them. While I did not see them I was told they were the first food to go!
ReplyDeleteSounds like Olivia busted y'all-smart little cookie:)