What a beautiful Easter Sunday! We woke up early to look through Olivia's Easter basket and coaxed her to church before hunting eggs in the yard (without a meltdown, which I thought was pretty impressive on all of our parts). Olivia loved what the bunny brought her--spring clothes, educational books to help her start to read, and some bubbles she snagged out of Gavin's basket.
After church, she found all of the eggs hidden in the yard but would not go near the ones that had "big bees" next to them. The carpenter bees are out in force, and while they pose no threat of bee stings, she doesn't care. They are big. I must admit that I will be happy when their season is over.
We rounded out the day at Nana and Gramps' house with a yummy Easter dinner. I decided to let Olivia eat as much candy as she wanted--didn't want to battle her all day long and also figured it couldn't hurt for her to have one big candy blowout. Plus, I sorta wanted to see just how much she would eat unrestrained. Well, let me tell you...ALOT. She NEVER stopped. That girl can put down some chocolate!
Gavin was an angel as usual. He had great time watching the musical toys that Oma sent and enjoyed being passed from lap to lap at dinner. It is hard to believe that our baby is 7 months old today! 16 pounds, 2 ounces of pure love.
Pictures to follow in a separate post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment