I arrived right on time for my induction at 10am...well, 11am after all of the paperwork, etc was complete. That was fine by me because Sean's medical school test (first test of the term) lasted until 10:30. He arrived just as they were starting the pitocin. I labored for about 60-90 minutes sans epidural and then said "bring on the drugs!".
The epidural had some strange side effects compared to the one with Olivia. I was shaking uncontrollably which had Sean and my mom worried, but we were assured that was "normal". I also had alot of burning in my back and down my legs, but that eventually got better. Outside of those small things, the labor was very easy and short.
What a remarkable and miraculous event it is to have a baby. All of the sudden, you come face to face with a piece of yourself, and your heart is changed forever. Welcome to the world, little guy. Mommy and Daddy love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment