Well, I actually really enjoyed putting everything together. A feeling of true productivity after weeks of wondering how so little gets "done" despite my being home every day. I did discover that the sleep deprivation had some effects--like buying Costco brand beer when I thought I was getting Sam Adams. So that was a little embarrassing--welcome to our home, would you like some generic beer? At least it passed the taste test, so they said.
The adults enjoyed fun conversation--it was great to get in some mom-to-mom time where I learned that Olivia's 3-year-old-antics aren't just isolated to her. Why that makes me feel better, I'm not sure. As if I would wish that on others? The kids had a ball in the playroom, and Olivia keeps asking when they are coming back. We capped the evening off with a group bath after finding the kids looking like this:

A pumpkin painting project gone horribly wrong. Thank God for washable paint.
No comments:
Post a Comment