Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bigger than Scissors

Today Olivia was running a low grade fever and not feeling well, so I picked her up early from school. Of course, by the time we got home, she was feeling fine, so she helped me update photos in frames around our house. (Can I tell you how good that made me feel? Some of them were SO old.)

We got to one frame and realized that the glass size was 3x5. Given that you can't even print pictures that size anymore, we had to do some trimming on one of our 4x6s. I asked Olivia to go get me her child-friendly scissors, and off she went. That is the great thing about this age--she is so happy to participate in a project and gets great satisfaction about being a helper. I know, in a few short years my requests will be met with one big roll of the eyes, so I figure I should take advantage while I can.

Now before I could see Olivia come back into the room, I heard her say "I could not find my scissors mommy, so I'm bringing your big ones. Don't worry, I'm being very careful." How nice of her to warn me (and even more perceptive to know just how much it was going to freak me out that she was carrying long sharp scissors down the stairs. Ahhh!). While I trimmed the picture she asked if she could use my scissors when I was done. I told her no--that she wasn't big enough yet. She then said, "But I AM bigger than the scissors. I'm a big girl. I can do it."

(Don't worry, I didn't let her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment