Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pointing Fingers

One of Olivia's favorite games is to pretend that she is one of her teachers from school, Mrs. D. Pretty much every day, she plays a game she made up called "Little Boy" with Sean. She plays the role of Mrs. D, and Sean plays the role of the Little Boy at school.

Everyday, the game goes exactly the same way. Mrs. D usually shows Little Boy how to do a lesson (like putting together a puzzle or doing an art project). Then she will read Little Boy a book, and unfortunately Little Boy talks during the story, so he gets banished to the "red room" until he can learn to behave. Finally, Little Boy has to take his nap and if he is "scary" (her word for "scared") when the lights go off, Mrs. D will snuggle with him until he feels better. Then Little Boy's mommy comes to pick him up for school...until the next day.

Every now and then, we make the mistake of calling her Olivia while she is playing, and she promptly and assertively corrects us, "I am NOT Olivia. I am MRS. D!!" Don't mess with the girl while she's got her game face on.

I got a good laugh today when Olivia was misbehaving and I stopped to correct her. Out of frustration, she had thrown a piece of her puzzle across the room. I told her "Olivia, it is not okay to do that"...and she quickly said "But Mommy, I did not do that. Mrs. D. did it." Despite my best efforts to keep a straight face and continue with the discipline, I just couldn't do it. Oh we have a smart one on our hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment