Gavin had his 6 month check up today and did a great job. Actually, that is a complete lie, but it sounds better than "he screamed the entire time!" He was ravenous; the bottle was in the car...not a great combination when the goal is to hear the doctor. It seriously was one of those times when I couldn't hear myself think as the cliche goes. Oh well. He is healthy--15 pounds, 15 ounces (15th percentile) and __ long (50th percentile). I couldn't really hear the actual length over his screaming, so I need to find the sheet with it written down. I do remember the 50% part.
He got all of his shots and got the clearance to go full speed ahead on solids. We will start with sweet potatoes this week. I got a book called "Cooking for Baby" and am going to attempt to make some of his food. Everyone who does it says it is really easy, so I figured I'd give it a try. I can't believe I am writing that. Like I have time to make baby food, but what the heck...what's one more thing to add to my list?
He scored a 2 out of 9 on the checklist for developmental steps. The doctor didn't seem too concerned; he said we answered very conservatively. Conservative or not, I can promise you the little guy still has not rolled from back to tummy. Maybe that is just not meant to be. He will go from tummy to back regularly. Since his last checkup, he is also sleeping much better at night. He will let us put him down awake in the crib and will lay there quietly until he falls asleep. Amen to that.
Now we just need to work on our progress toward sitting up. We are not even close on that. He does entertain us though with lots of babble, blowing bubbles, and making funny noises. It is amazing to see how far he's come in just a short six months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment