Tomorrow Gavin is getting baptized. We talked to Olivia about it tonight after her bath and explained that she would get to be part of the ceremony. Normally when we go to church, Olivia goes to "her church" (the nursery/3 year old Sunday school) and we go to the "big church". Big church is an intriguing mystery to Olivia. She always asks who our teacher is, whether or not we like her, and what lessons we did. Sometimes she will follow up with the obligatory "were you a good girl at big church, mommy?"
Well, upon hearing that she would get to go to big church, she was quite excited. Every week she wants to come with us, and I have to explain that it is only for grown ups. Now, not only is she getting to go, but she is going to get to WALK DOWN THE AISLE with us for the baptism. We tried to explain what the baptism was all about, but pretty much the only parts that resonated with her were 1) that Gavin is going to get water sprinkled on his head, and 2) she is going to be there. Putting 2 and 2 together, she quickly clarified, "But mommy, I don't want water on my head. I already had my bath!" I just love how her little mind works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment