Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh Nuts!

It has become a bit of a ritual for Olivia and I to enjoy a bowl of ice cream after dinner each night. WHY are we eating ice cream when it is FREEZING outside...simple...because it tastes really good. :) Tonight we were out of vanilla (Olivia's flavor of choice) and only had Mocha Mudslide left (mommy's pick). Historically she has told me that coffee ice cream is YUCKY and GROSS. Mind you, she has never tasted it, but she is quite convinced. Tonight however she weighed her options--mocha mudslide vs. nothing--and said "I'll take the coffee". Desperate times call for desperate measures, I suppose. A girl has got to have her ice cream! It only took one taste, and she became a convert. Bye-bye boring old vanilla; hello mocha mudslide. In her words "coffee ice cream is REALLY YUMMY".

Gavin was having a great time in his Bumbo watching Olivia eat. Don't you just feel a little sorry for him? He is leaning forward as if to say "watcha got over there? Can I have some pleeeease?"



















Well next thing Olivia and I know, we hear a very strange noise...like rocks clanging in bucket. We looked around and there was Gavin, caught red-handed with his hand in the bowl of nuts. Look at the little guy...he even looked guilty!



Too bad I couldn't snap a shot of him putting the brazil nut (in the shell) in his mouth. It looked rather hilarious (and Olivia just cracked up). But seeing that was a bit of a choking hazard, I took it away from him before snapping these shots. He didn't seem to mind--still our happy little boy.
I am just happy that at our 6 month visit in a few weeks I'll be able to check the little box next to "reaches and grasps for objects". Way to go buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment