Sean's module this term focuses on cardiology. He has really been enjoying the material. So, it is quite apropos that my two most recent funny Olivia stories focus on the heart.
One of Olivia's favorite activities is to go grocery shopping with me on Saturday mornings. She had a great time cruising the aisles and helping select our food this weekend. At her insistence, we bought some cereal Sean really likes because she just knew he would love the "surprise". What a fun age--where the best gift imaginable is a box of cereal. Olivia had on a very cute outfit, one with a heart made of silver sequins on her shirt. Just as we were pulling into the checkout aisle, she looked down at her shirt and noticed that she could see the reflections of the store in her sequins. And she said...I am not making this up..."look mommy, I have shopping in my heart". The people around us just cracked up. I guess it starts at a young age.
We are constantly amazed by the connections Olivia draws between seemingly unrelated ideas. Like many three year olds, Olivia doesn't always want to do what we ask her to do. Like many parents, when this happens, we will say something like "oh, you can't walk? Are your legs broken?" That usually gets a laugh from her. Last week, Olivia told Sean with a pathetic little pout that she was very sad that he could not take her to the park. He replied, "oh sweetie, you are breaking my heart." Fast forward a couple of days. We asked Olivia to go upstairs to get dressed for school. In the middle of watching Dora, she said, "Nooooo. I caaaaan't." When asked why not, she replied "because my heart is broken. I need to watch Dora." How about that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment