Olivia has become very interested in coloring, drawing, and painting in the last few weeks. It may have to do with an art class she's been attending at school. I know you are thinking...an "art class" for a three year old?? I know, I thought the same thing when they sent a form home from school inviting her to enroll. I didn't do it, thinking that she was too young to really "get it". But I then learned that she was sneaking into the class to do the projects (or perhaps it might also have been because they serve a snack in the class, and she loves her food...brings new meaning to "will work for food"). So I paid her tuition, and she has been going ever since.


And, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, she drew a turkey. And I have to say, I think her turkey is better than my scaredy cat.
She loves it (and the food)! They do so many fun and creative projects. Here is a recent painting exercise:

Now the only problem is that she wants to replicate this class at home, and as most of you know, I did not inherit a single artistic bone in my body (despite having several talented relatives). A few weekends ago she wanted me to draw animals, give them names, and cut them out for her to play with. Seriously...animals? Why not circles, triangles, or squares...those I could handle. I gave it my best shot, but in the end I had to name the cat "Scaredy" because he truly was scary:


But, she is starting to do some drawing that is fairly recognizable (a month or so ago we still had just a bunch of scribbles). Check out this picture she drew of Gavin entirely herself. She told me that he had a big mouth because he was sooooo happy.

And, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, she drew a turkey. And I have to say, I think her turkey is better than my scaredy cat.

No comments:
Post a Comment