Today was the perfect fall day, and Gavin and I took full advantage. This is my absolute favorite time of year--crisp air, changing leaves, football--so energizing! I decided we would "take two" on a morning stroller ride around the neighborhood (take one was in September when I discovered just how much Gavin hates his carseat even when snapped in the stroller). This time he seemed to really enjoy himself: no tears and eyes wide open to take in the beautiful views. Maybe we are making progress!

My Granny used to claim that one of the reasons Birmingham was named the "Magic City" was the fall display. I have to agree that it is magical:

Not ready to go back inside for the day, we decided to surprise Sean with an impromptu lunch picnic at UAB. Gavin was full of smiles, and Sean enjoyed the break from his classes.


But all good things come to an end. Sean went back to school (pic below of his building), and Gavin screamed the whole way home in the car.

No comments:
Post a Comment