Sunday, November 1, 2009

This Is It

Olivia's first movie in the theater was Curious George. We went the more unconventional route with Gavin and treated him to This Is It today. After all, you are never too young to be indoctrinated to MJ.























The songs might well have been lullabyes; he slept the entire time save one out-of-the-blue moment when he let out a "pterodactyl" cry. Seriously, he really does sound like a Jurassic Park dinosaur when he does it. At that moment, I'm sure everyone in the theater thought "who are the ridiculous people who brought their baby", but he never made a peep after that. It was a really cool movie--inspirational and sad at the same time. And you take little pieces of it away with you. I've had the base line from "Wanna Be Startin Something" in my head all night.

Gavin continues to be such a wonderful baby. It is hard to believe he is now over eight weeks old. Tomorrow he goes for his 2 month checkup where we'll find out how much he weighs. I'm guessing something close to 12 pounds, but we'll see. Here are a few things we do know:

1) He has precious little dimples.























2) He may have curly hair--granted, judging by the overall lack of it, it may be awhile before we can truly tell. The first picture is his hair when it is dry. The second is what it looks like when it gets wet.





















3) He is starting to really like his tummy time and is able to lift his head from one side to the other. I'm sure many of you reading are thinking "who cares", but this is a cool developmental milestone. It helps build his neck muscles so that he won't have a floppy head for the rest of his life.























4) Running water puts him to sleep. I know, I know...I am wasting the Earth's precious resources. But, have you ever heard a newborn SCREAM the entire time you are trying to get ready in the morning? It is a bit unnerving, so I had to make a choice: give up daily hygiene or contribute to the demise of our planet. Sorry Earth.


















5) Sometimes, he really wants his mommy (photo courtesy of Olivia).


















6) He and Daddy did a great job handing out candy while Mommy and Olivia went trick-or-treating.


















2 comments:

  1. So sweet... love Gavin's smile and dimples :) He are Charlie have the same hairdo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie!! He looks pretty strong holding his head up like that! And I feel you on the running water thing! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. We are using a sound machine with Grace that does an ocean waves thing. We joke that it will condition her to be unconscious everytime she goes to the beach.

    ReplyDelete