My mom would want me to make sure to mention that we only do this after thoroughly washing our hands and applying hand sanitizer. Even then, it still kinda sicks her out. But seriously people, you gotta do what you gotta do.
But, I will admit that I do have to take some breaks at times. He has just started to enjoy the swing (vs. a few weeks ago when that only exacerbated the fussiness). It is a nice relief to be able to free my hands while he happily takes a ride. Just last week, I was able to prepare a really nice dinner while he took a nice long nap. Until it was interrupted when he did this:
I was really torn...do I leave him like that and let him keep going? I mean, he was still sound asleep and really happy (and breathing just fine). But, the rule-following safety officer in me just couldn't do it. I took him out, he woke up, he cried...you know the rest.
So IMAGINE my delight when in the last couple of days, he started doing this:
Yes, he has found his hands and can get them in his mouth. Woo hoo...he is so happy to suck on his own little fingers. I just know he has some happier days ahead.



No comments:
Post a Comment